PROJECT TOPIC : EFFECTIVENESS OF MARKETING COMMUNICATION IN CREATING BRAND AWARENESS A STUDY OG NIGERIA BOTTLING COMPANY PLC.
This study focused on the effectiveness of marketing communication mix in creating awareness of a brand with particular reference to Nigeria. Bottling company 9th mile corner, Enugu. Based on my research, the following key findings were made. (1) It was found that these marketing communications mix could cause significant increase in sales volume of NBC product.
(2) The company made use of the tools of marketing communication mix (3) The pricing decision of NBC products were affected by marketing communication activities. In view of the findings, I made the following recommendations. (1) There has to be concentrated effort by the NBC researchers to find ways of reducing the sugar content of mineral product.
(2) There has to be a reduction in the frequency of sales promotion activities. (3) NBC should intensify its communication activities in its other product like eve water. It is my hop that NBC will achieve greater sales if there recommendations are adhered in by the management of NBC
- BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Marketing at any stage can not go without communication. Modern marketing now involves intense competition, challenges and innovations.
The current marketing practice is one real employment, marketing as a want creating and satisfying instruments. Marketing performs virtually all its functions by making use of effective communication.
Modern marketing calls for more than developing a particular brand pricing it attractively, and marketing it accessible in the target customers. Companies must also communicate with their present and potential customers. Very few goods or services can survive in the market place without effective communication.
The marketing manager must endeavour to make good use of advertising, sales promotional tools of marketing in attained market penetration and business survival and competitive advantage. In view of the forgoing, the researcher intends to determine the effectiveness of marketing communication mix in creating awareness of a brand in the Nigeria bottling company 9th mile corner
- Statement of the problem
The Nigerian bottling company (NBC) is one of the leading producers of soft drink in the country.
The company has been Witnessing decrease in patronage by the consumers as a result of intense competition from other mineral soft drink producers that are newly introduced. Sarce??
In nigerian Bottling company (NBC) there is what they called high volum with low prize and when it use applied, it yield no result, patronage still continued to decrease. Sarce??
The method which mass introduced by the marketing manager and production manager lead to their dismissal for failure to deliver. Through after years of door-to door step delivery, the problem still lies there. The (BNC) is facing the problem of decrease in patronage by consumers. People are of the opinion that effective integration of marketing communication will help both the sales of the company’s brand. Statement of problem not clear
- Objectives of the study
The objectives of the study are:
- To find out the effectiveness of marketing communication in increasing the sales revenue of NBC product.
- To find out the effectiveness of the company’s marketing communication existing and potential users of the company’s brand.
- The effect of company’s marketing communication activities on the pricing of a company’s brand.
- How the various marketing communication mix are used by a NBC company to achieve a marketing objectives.
- To make recommendation based on findings.
- Research hypotheses
- To what extent does marketing communication mix increase the sales volume of the NBC brand?
- How does the effectiveness of the company’s marketing communication affect consumers’ purchases of the brand?
- Do the company marketing communication activities affect the pricing of their brand?
- To what extent does marketing communication mix facilitate the realization of company’s objectives?
- Which of the communication tools is most effective in the company.
- Significant of the study
Without communication, most consumers would have been ignorant of the existence of certain brands and services which is packaged for their satisfaction. More so, organization would find it difficult in dispose of their execis brands/services resulting from mass production.
The aim of communication with consumers and the public by any organization is existing and committed to their welfare. Thus, there is need for effective communication between the organization and it’s public, once, this exists, the overall aim of the organization, would be achieved. The significance of this study therefore to expose the marketers in those factors that can make communication ineffective and in suggest how to avoid the flows that do not fit in to the role of communicator and promoter.
Moreover, knowing that the purchasing power of the consumers is seriously being eroded, due to the down true of the economy and the effect of this is the brand/services must organization. increase in price of these brands has been caused by this recessive economy.
PROJECT TOPIC :EFFECTIVENESS OF MARKETING COMMUNICATION IN CREATING BRAND AWARENESS A STUDY OG NIGERIA BOTTLING
Marketers can find no other time to prove their relevance in the organization than this period and one of tools in the readily comes to mind for doing this and which they are close to, is marketing communications. So this project work is great importance to marketers.
To this end, an insight is how they can choose the most effective tool which at most done by the rule of tumb method. So it gives an insight services as reference point in choosing
Statement of hypothesis
Ho marketing communication does not affect the level of awareness of NBC product.
Hi marketing communication affect the level of awareness of NBC product.
Ho NBC marketing communication activities does not affect the pricing of their brands.
Hi NBC marketing communication activities affect the pricing of their brands.
- Definition of Terms
For the purpose of clear thinking and which understanding, this section elaborates in bring the key terms used in this chapter that may be unfamiliar to an average reader of this work.
- Promotional tool: This consists of the product price channels of distribution and sales outlet, and promotional programme of company.
- Personal selling according to
- Burnent is defined as the interaction of seller and buy for the purpose of facilitating exchange to the mutual satisfaction of both parties, finally, personal selling is an oral presentation in a conversation of marketing sales.
- Advertising: Sfantion (198p:414) Sees advertising as a consisting of all the activities involved in presenting to a group no personally, oral or usual openly sponsored message regarding a product, service pr ideas, this message, called on advertisement is disguate through one or more media and is paid for by the identified sponsor.
- Sales promotion: Is defined as all short term devices utilized in boosting sales both in consumer and industrial marketers. Modern A.R (1987) defined sales promotion techniques as those promotional activities which do not fit other grouping withing the promotion mix.
- Publicity normally it can originated from two
- It can sees as a result of an independent objective and non-interfered information written and developed by the efforts. An organization has been making to words improving the standard of living of group of people that form of the totally of the firm publics.
- It can be used on the acts or information provided by the particular company.
- Trade market: These are words symbols, signs etc. that corper exclusive right on the owner over a particular products it is a brand or parts of a brand.
- Target market: This is the most enable and attractive segment of the market who the market wants to offer satisfaction through his product. In other words, it is the segment of the market which a marketer intends to serve through product offerings.
- Potential market: This consists of not purchase immediately or presently but may be influence in the future to buy goods and services.